Meeting Called to Order at 2:30pm
Today’s meeting was located at Christ the Lord Lutheran Church in Lawrenceville, GA.
- Brad Arnold
- Mike Blake (new member)
- Ben Bolgla
- Michele Bolgla
- Ben Bradley
- Flash Corliss
- Ed Fair
- Steve Garrison
- Nolan Gilmore
- David Greelish
- Jon Guidry (AHCS Vice-President)*
- Alan Hightower (AHCS Treasurer)*
- David Kuder
- Mark Little (AHCS Secretary)
- Sam Lysinger
- Nick Mizgala
- Kyle Owens
- John Pace
- Jennifer Pierce
In Earl Baugh’s absence, updates for Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 7.0 plans were provided by Jon Guidry and Alan Hightower, with remote info from Earl:
- Table registration is $20 per 8′ table, and all exhibits need to be submitted to the VCFed website (click here to submit immediately) by April 1.
- The speaker area will be held in the rotunda area this year.
- One speaker apparently confirmed so far: Douglas McIlroy, one of the original developers of UNIX at AT&T Labs in 1969.
- The 50th Anniversary of UNIX will be represented by exhibits from Alan Hightower, Kyle Owen, and Earl Baugh.
- The 40th Anniversary of the Texas Instruments Home Computer (TI-99/4) will be represented by exhibits from Jon Guidry (with a stock TI-99/4a running the recent home brew port of Dragon’s Lair by Mike Brent), Alan Rateliff, Mark Little, and John Pace.
- The 40th Anniversary of the Atari 8-Bit Computers (Atari 400 and Atari 800) will be represented by exhibits from Brad Arnold and Randy Kindig (who will exhibit his midi-maze).
- Flash Corliss is completing assembling the kits for the soldering tables (battery computer).
- AHCS members are encouraged to reach out on social media to try and secure any other possible speakers.
- Admission will be $15 per day, or $22 for both days. Discussion was held debating the effect the higher admission price will have on attendance.
- Volunteers are needed for people to work the concession both days. Alan Hightower committed to organizing the concession/consignment area, and Jon Guidry said he will post a sign-up for concession volunteers on groups.io.
- Discussion was held about the t-shirt designs and colors. Michelle Bolgla assured the meeting that a final decision on the design from Earl and the colors from the group.io poll could afford to be tabled until the April meeting without affecting the production window.
- No upcoming shows were discussed.
- There was no new business discussed.
- There was no presentation scheduled for this month.
- Because Christ the King Lutheran Church will be unavailable as a venue for the April 13 meeting, the meeting date was moved ahead one week to April 6.
Member Projects and Show and Tell Photos:
Meeting adjourned at 3:00pm